Monday, December 5, 2011

“New and Exciting Things”

What’s up everyone?

It’s been a little while since my last post, but my absence hasn’t been without reason. I have been compiling ideas for different types of content to bring to All Things Gaming with GamerBloodline.

Notice the Poll on the top-right panel? Of course you did!

Every Monday, I will be posting a new “Poll of the Week” for everyone to vote on. Today is the first, but definitely not the last. Every Friday, I will move the poll results into a post for everyone to comment on and discuss.

Also, I will be posting links to my favorite news stories from websites I’ve visited throughout the week. These posts will be entitled “News of the Week” and will basically contain links to 5-10 noteworthy stories or features that I believe should be read.

On the second Wednesday of every month, I will post the “Feature of the Month”. These features could be any of the following:

My Game Design Journey: Journal entries from my Game Design
Notebook, chronicling my experiences in the industry thus far;

Game Reviews: The topic speaks for itself;

Two Games, One Genre: I assess two games within one specific
genre, detailing how one genre can provide two completely different
experiences;

Game Analysis: Anatomy of a Video Game

Narrative vs. Mechanics: I assess a specific title, detailing whether
or not the game’s mechanics (gameplay) and Narrative (story/plot)
are aligned;

Impressions: I give impressions of a title after 60 minutes of play.

Much more to come!

So that’s it for now. As you can see, there will be more content coming soon. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for access to the people helping me to hone my craft and industry vets who dish out valuable information and debunk rumors. Also, subscribe to the blog to stay connected to all the great stuff on the horizon and cool ideas I haven’t thought of yet.

Don’t forget to participate in the Poll of the Week! Let your voice be heard and come back on Friday to discuss it with others. Also, check back later for the “News of the Week” post and comments are always welcomed.

Until next time,
GamerBloodline.